PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop cs3 help needed !!

mongo
27-09-2009, 9:32am
Technical help needed with CS3. Mongo uninstalled it with a view to later reinstalling it. However, he now finds out that you MUST DEACTIVATE IT BEFORE UNINSTALLING IT. The instructions are ridiculous - they tell you about doing this AFTER they talk about uninstalling it.

How can I reload the program from the original Adobe CD or from my other computer that still has it installed. The license is for 2 computers and they have both been operating corrected for nearly a year before Mongo uninstalled it from one othe computers yesterday. Tried going back to "restore point in time" to one week earlier - no help - says it has a license failure in the "AMT".

Mongo is going out for a while to get over the frustration before he performs an ELVIS (with a suitably sized gun) on his monitor. Hope there may be help when he looks in on AP later. Thanks people.

ricktas
27-09-2009, 9:41am
I think if you call Adobe on Monday, there is a reasonably easy fix for this, but you need the instructions from them, cause they ask a few questions about your licence etc when you call.

Adobe Systems Pty. Ltd.

Tower B, Level 13,
821 Pacific Highway,
Chatswood, NSW 2067
Australia
Tel: +61 2 9778 4100
Fax: +61 2 9778 4190

clm738
27-09-2009, 10:18am
Thanks Rick & Mongo. I have the same problem, silly system this Adobe?

dbax
27-09-2009, 10:40am
you may have to also download and run a little program to totally remove all PS3 items from your computer before re installation, I had to do this after my computer crashed last year, pretty sure the instructions are on the Adobe site.

MarkChap
27-09-2009, 11:27am
A phone call to Adobe should get you on the right track

Had a similar problem after a crash, just rang explained what was doing and they fixed there and then

mongo
27-09-2009, 12:31pm
thanks guys - all roads seem to lead to Adobe - hope they get it fixed fast and do not muck me about.

aycee
28-09-2009, 9:11am
Gday..try and find a file called amtlib.dll which is the activation file..if thats still there that my be the problem

never happened to me on 3 but they did have problems with the earlier ones from my experience

Alan!