PDA

View Full Version : Nissin Speedlite Di466

Shelley
24-09-2009, 9:19pm
I was looking for a cheap 2nd hand flash - could not find anything locally, so I went and purchased this flash new.

I already have the 580exII, which is my main flash. The Nissin I was able to use as a slave and the 580exII fired it as the Master.

I went for the smaller flash and I am really happy with it (for what I want to use if for). It is easy to use and understand. I will probably use this as a travel flash and leave the 580exII home.

Long term I don't know, but I am pretty happy with it. I am no expert with flashes, but I am starting to tinker and learn stuff. Going to dabble in portrait work, macros etc.

Whisky_Mac
25-09-2009, 9:14am
I will be interested to see how you go Shelley. I have just brought a twin 300w light set which will do what I want for studio work but realise that I will need portable flash without mains power at some time. I will be watching for some images.

The Moose
27-09-2009, 8:47pm
I've got 2 YN460's from eBay that work really well. I think the Nissin would be pretty similar? The YN460's were only about $60 each!

Shelley
27-09-2009, 11:01pm
I will be interested to see how you go Shelley. I have just brought a twin 300w light set which will do what I want for studio work but realise that I will need portable flash without mains power at some time. I will be watching for some images.

I still have a lot to learn in regard to portrait work (which is what i got it for). I think the lights are better and I prob. would only use flash outside. I will eventually post something when I know a bit more.

I've got 2 YN460's from eBay that work really well. I think the Nissin would be pretty similar? The YN460's were only about $60 each!

Yes I would agree with you - you paid a lot less than me, but i went to a camera shop. Still have not made the plunge on ebay yet. I think will one day. I read that the Nissin might not work with transmitters - not to fussed about that as yet.

So much to learn in photography land, if you ask me.