PDA

View Full Version : Sentient Electronics

Steadyhands
22-09-2009, 9:45am
Arrrrrh, my electronic devices are conspiring against me. Just sold a few lenses (Sigma 105 Macro, Canon 85 f1.8) and now my laptop screen has developed a thin (1 pixel) vertical line from the top to the bottom about 3/4 across the screen. Still useable but very annoying. The laptop is 3yrs old so it's not as if it's new, but just the same........

See the laptop knew I now had that extra cash.

From the little bit of research I did it seems un-repairable. Anyone with any other ideas?

Kym
22-09-2009, 9:54am
Other than a screen replacement your stuck with it.

Over 3 years old? Most lappys have a 3yr warranty (or should). Check your paperwork.

arthurking83
22-09-2009, 9:57am
all laptop screens are replaceable. Very easy job to do, and from what I've seen, can be had for between $200-300 ro so from local suppliers.

Google laptop screens.... and don't bother looking at the genuine manufacturer stuff.... they're usually three times what the laptop is worth :rolleyes:

My brother replaced his 17" Dell screen for less than AU$200(from a Brissy retailer).
I'm looking for a screen for my mates 19" Toshiba, and have found a US supplier and will cost approx AU$250-300 delivered.. a far cry from the $900 or more that Toshiba are asking locally!

Easy done, and usually you don;t need to pull the lappy totally apart.. just the screen bezel/cover(easy)

Steadyhands
22-09-2009, 10:14am
Cool thanks guys, I just needed a push in the right direction. Just over $200 for a replacement screen plus delivery.

Here's the link in case other need this in the future.
http://www.laptoplcdscreens.com.au/index.php

Kym, it's closer to 3 1/2 yrs and is out of warranty.