PDA

View Full Version : Enlarging

Krzys
20-09-2009, 1:59am
Who here actively uses an enlarger to make prints? I have been whittling myself away from my negative scanner for a month now and I am making a big effort to view my fresh negatives with contact sheets rather than scans. It is so fulfilling, 11x14 seems to be the ideal size though 8x10 paper gets a bit costly for me....oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

hoffy
20-09-2009, 2:40am
Yes, I do. Can't say that I am good at it yet, but I am learning

StanW
20-09-2009, 9:39am
My two are still in use. Paper supply is the chief problem.

GlennSan
20-09-2009, 10:24am
You know my response but I'd thought I'd add it formally here to ensure those few of us still doing this know of each other.

Yes, but temporary hold at the moment as I work to construct the darkroom in the new house. I hate setting up just to print in the kitchen for one session so am biding my time and piling up the processed rolls in the meantime. Hope to be printing again within a few weeks. Can't wait to put the recently acquired 6x9 enlarger through it's paces. :th3:

hoffy
20-09-2009, 12:21pm
..... Can't wait to put the recently acquired 6x9 enlarger through it's paces. :th3:

What did you get and do you mind if I ask how much?

GlennSan
20-09-2009, 2:20pm
What did you get and do you mind if I ask how much?

Durst M700 with full colour kit, several schneider lenses of various focal lengths (to suit 35mm, 6x6, 6x9), heaps of trays, including a new set of 3 16x20 inch, chemistry bottles, tongs, expired film, measuring cylinders, easel, etc etc. 4 boxes of "stuff", off ebay for $150.

Plenty of darkroom stuff on ebay all the time these days very cheap. Suits me :D

hoffy
20-09-2009, 3:18pm
That my friend is a good score! My biggest problem is that stuff only rarely comes up in Adelaide. No one wants to ship from interstate, or they are asking ridiculous price (I kept on seeing one come up in Perth. Wanted $1k for the enlarger only (was a good one though, just can't remember the brand)...Interesting gets passed in each time and pops up again from time to time.

GlennSan
20-09-2009, 10:09pm
That my friend is a good score! My biggest problem is that stuff only rarely comes up in Adelaide. No one wants to ship from interstate, or they are asking ridiculous price (I kept on seeing one come up in Perth. Wanted $1k for the enlarger only (was a good one though, just can't remember the brand)...Interesting gets passed in each time and pops up again from time to time.

Hire a trailer. Drive to Perth to collect. Take a couple of wacky friends (one must be a sexy female). Make a road movie on the way. How hard could it be? Sell it and make a fortune. Then buy whatever you want in future. Simple. :th3:

Krzys
21-09-2009, 10:07pm
Just did some printing on Ilfobrom grade 4 FB. Was fun but man is it hot, I'm dripping with sweat. :(