PDA

View Full Version : Time Shifting Date Created.

garethcook
09-09-2009, 10:18am
Hey all

I am just new to this forum and was hoping that you could help with a problem I have. I recently went on holidays with some friends from USA to NZ. we all took a bunch of photos and combined them when we got home only to find that my USA friends did not change the date and time on their camera.

I have search far and wide to find a good method of bulk time shifting the date created field so they will display in the correct order in Bridge. (add 15 hours to every photo)

Please help. I have CS4 installed on Windows 7.

ricktas
09-09-2009, 10:26am
The date and time taken is part of the photo EXIF data. If you can find an EXIF editor, that will let you bulk edit EXIF, you should be able to solve this.

garethcook
09-09-2009, 11:29am
Rick, thanks for the help,

I should have mentioned that I did sort through a bunch of EXIF editors and did not find anything capable of doing the Date Created in bulk.... so if anyone can suggest one it would be much appreachiated.

campo
09-09-2009, 11:47am
I know that Lightroom allows you to edit time taken in RAW files (using offsets) which can be handy if you shoot with multiple cameras and forget to sync them! not sure if it applies to JPG?

jev
09-09-2009, 4:38pm
GeoSetter or the slightly older exifer will allow you to modify these in bulk.