PDA

View Full Version : Test Roll in Diafine

TOM
02-09-2009, 10:52pm
I have just switched to a new developer which I hope will satisfy all of my needs. It gives me the advantage of a least a one stop advantage in speed...with Tri-X it's two stops, it gives me freedom to develop anywhere between around 20 degrees up to 28 degrees with no sacrafice in contrast or grain, it is extremely cheap as it is reusable hundereds of times, it lasts inexcess of 12 months, it has the one developing time for most films (which means I can develop tri-x, hp5, pan-f, acros all at the same time in the one tank), and produces a neg that scans extremely well with a huge dynamic range, and i this could be longest sentence i've ever written. here are a couple of shots from the first roll. This is Tri-X rated at ISO1600. Notice the DR in the first shot of the lights!! :efelant:

Krzys
02-09-2009, 11:03pm
Did you happen to get this off ebay? I got a box too and cannot wait to try it. Hopefully it will be my prime developer for the next while.

I want to try selective EI for different conditions since the developer works to its capacity before blocking up highlights. Something like shoot 1600 for high contrast situations and 1200 for low contrast?

Ahh well its all theory till I do a test roll.

hoffy
02-09-2009, 11:09pm
They look good for ISO1600. Very good.

Keep us posted!

TOM
02-09-2009, 11:10pm
I bought two Willow 5 litre water bottles to hold A and B solution. I no longer use stop bath, and I use distilled water gor everything.