PDA

View Full Version : Technique/style

OwenS
28-08-2009, 3:08pm
Hi guys, ive been looking at the work of Case Jarvis, and really love the look of his images. A lot of his pictures have fully blown highlights with a very cool colour temperture (by the looks of it). Was just wondering if anyone could help me on how he would create some of his images (in terms of technique or PP). I think he also used a shift lens by the look of it.

Heres his site, if you havent seen it. He has an awesome blog with a lot of tips etc as well.

http://www.chasejarvis.com/#mi=2&pt=1&pi=10000&s=0&p=5&a=0&at=0

The TOUS LES JOURS series has a lot of the pics i was talking about.

zollo
28-08-2009, 3:27pm
mate when i click on that link theres some blurb about how he only uses an iphone and iphone applications, no photoshop whatsoever. i doubt this but...:confused013

ricktas
28-08-2009, 3:35pm
There are stacks of iPhone photo editing apps out there, including selective colour ones, layers, etc. Literally there are hundreds. So he could be using any of these to create the results, and probably is using more than one of the apps.

OwenS
28-08-2009, 3:45pm
Sorry, click on the portfolio section then under TOUS LES JOURS.

ricktas
28-08-2009, 3:56pm
I did, but he says on his site that he takes all photos with an iPhone. But some of the Tous Les Jours ones look like a bit of bleach bypass processing, but others don't.

OwenS
28-08-2009, 4:07pm
Hmm tell me more of this bleach bypass please :D