PDA

View Full Version : Can I save this phot?

pgbphotographytas
26-08-2009, 8:29am
Can I do anything in PP to save this, was taken at ISO400 by accident and I don't like the noise on the dark areas of the rocks.
I am using Photo shop CS2

Paul

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z11/tanger32au/25082009_P1ED2.jpg

arthurking83
26-08-2009, 8:43am
Paul!! On your version of the most important things to get soon list .. delete everything and replace it with Neat Image!!

At ISO400, you should be able to produce an image with les noise than what you'd see at ISO100.

My list of important things to get is back on track now.. now that I recently got Neat Image(about $90 or so) and worth every cent :th3:

I have just finished processing some test shots I taken at ISO6400 and they are totally noise free and still retain fantastic detail where detail exists.

I'm still working through understanding a few of the tweaks it allows for best results, but basically straight out of the box it cleans up the images and then you end up wondering why you don't just shoot everything at ISO6400! :p

check out the Neat Image info posted by Tannin a little while back.

ps. it works on raster images.. (ie. jpg and TIFF files) so it won't clean up a raw image(if that's important to you) but all you really want is final output so it;s not really an issue.

Once you get NeatImage, go back to plan B with respect to your 'TMITTGS'(<-see above)

:)

ps. the only area I see noise as affecting the image is the top right corner.

ricktas
26-08-2009, 8:57am
Agree with AK. Neat Image!

As for "can I save this photo". Yes : File -> Save :D

kiwi
26-08-2009, 9:24am
I'd just add an "o" to the end

pgbphotographytas
26-08-2009, 9:36am
Thanks, so it sounds like Neat Image is the software to get....