PDA

View Full Version : the best waste of time you can have... with your pants on

arthurking83
24-08-2009, 10:20pm
*** warning!! I'm sometimes(actually most of the time!) easily amused ***

So with that forewarning, and considering the nature of my last thread, I have to share this little program I found.

it's called Polardroid (http://www.poladroid.net/index.php). NO!! not Polaroid.. you're missing the D before the r .. Poladroid!!

When I was a younger tacker, I remember a few polaroid cameras my folks had over the years, and I must have wasted thousands of dollars of film just for the simple excitement of watching the image magically appear before my very eyes..

Well it's here again!... while the fun of digital and it's instantaneousness is incomparable.... this small software puts the fun back into it again.

I won't explain how it works.. other than to say WAIT FOR THE SOUND..... do nothing else before the sound.
of course you can still use your PC, it doesn't use all that much in the way of resources.

I know there are curious folks that may download it and give it a try.. and when you see this one work, you'll almost certainly smile as I did, when it created my Poladroid photo.

all it does is to take an image you load it with and create a pseudo Polaroid version of it.
Saves the image as a separate version so there's no degradation of the original one.
The cutesy part is that it creates a 'realistic' border around the photo, complete with finger mark smears and hairs and all that ... :th3:

Just have a little patience! :D

Miaow
24-08-2009, 10:52pm
lol good one Arthur :)

Love the english on their pop ups also :D

arthurking83
25-08-2009, 8:02pm
:D

so did you download it?

I'm assuming you did.. you have too!! :th3:

I'm a sucker for Polaroids due to the emotional attachment I have for them(from childhood)... useless program for any real photographic purpose other than amusement(ie. didn't create the framing I wanted).

The operation it performs on your chosen image makes for an amusing few minutes.

ahhh.. the good ol days! :)

Miaow
25-08-2009, 8:18pm
Yeah did download it - Its is cool lol
I have one out in the shed not sure if it still works :)

I like how it takes so long to develop and you see it gradually getting more visible :)