PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo Finally worked out Batch conversions in Irfanview :D

Miaow
24-08-2009, 6:28pm
Yay - finally worked out batch conversions on Irfanview - so many options also on the editing (under File batch conversion/rename) . For a free program this is real handy :D

Been manually altering the size on each pic for ages - Trev took a heap on Sunday at the sculpture park - so basically thought I'd actually try and do it as I knew it could and I've been putting off resizing all his pics cause so many :D
So many options - its good also cause you can resize landscape and portrait shots at the same time as well as many more pp type edits etc

I've attached a screen dump of the additional settings on the conversions :)

Saved so much time on doing every pic manually :)

AusBloke
27-08-2009, 8:49pm
I have been using irfanview for years for web development (millions of catalogue images etc) its a very very handy freebie tool. Can't recommend it enough!

pgbphotographytas
28-08-2009, 8:09am
I also use this software and find it really useful.

Paul

Miaow
28-08-2009, 2:23pm
I've used irfanview for ages but never did the batch conversions with it till that time - is a real time saver when working with a lot of files :th3:

MattC
28-08-2009, 3:22pm
Big thanks Cat for posting this thread :party7: - I just downloaded the program, and it is perfect for running through projected digital images for my camera club - I have not been happy with the previous programs I have been using.

Cheers,

Matt

Miaow
28-08-2009, 3:27pm
Great it's working well for you Matt :) Remeber to download the plugin file for it also - has a heap of extras it can do in that :)

umajo
28-08-2009, 3:58pm
i also have been looking for something for bulk resizing and have downloaded also silly question how do you set your picture kb size for instance 198kb?

Miaow
28-08-2009, 7:09pm
not sure it can resize on specific size (as in kb) sorry - cant fine it in there...... :/ Ive been using bdsizer one pic at a time for specific file size...