PDA

View Full Version : PS CS2 wont save files to jpg.

Sammi
17-08-2009, 11:30am
well not entirely true, if i save for web it does, i think the problem has started since updateing the software that came with the 50d but not sure, the only options i have for saving now are,
TIFF, cineon, .psb, PDF, .raw and PNG no jpg,
Does anyone have a solution to whats happened, if im having to save my photos in these formats its gonna fill the harddrive very quickly,

ricktas
17-08-2009, 11:32am
Your file is not 8 bit

Go to Image> Mode - and change to 8 bit. JPG files cannot be anything other than 8bit and you cannot save them as JPG unless you convert them to 8bit

Sammi
17-08-2009, 11:39am
Ahhh thanks Rick, problem Solved, the files are obviously by default 16bit when put to PS as this is what was ticked, cheers for the hand,

Question - do i have to change it to 8bit with every photo,

ricktas
17-08-2009, 11:42am
Ahhh thanks Rick, problem Solved, the files are obviously by default 16bit when put to PS as this is what was ticked, cheers for the hand,

Yep, if you want to use the File - Save As, option, File save for web converts it automatically

Kym
17-08-2009, 11:42am

Only for JPG.

I leave my images as 16 bit PSD and only save for JPG for publication.
If you use the File/Save for Web & devices it converts for you.

charton
17-08-2009, 11:49am
Sammi, when viewing your photo in the Canon software that comes with the 50D, you can convert and save from raw (to a folder) then open that jpeg with PS CS2. May be your other option....
I have the same version software as you plus the 50D, when you check on Adobe site for Camera Raw the version we need for the 50D is not support in CS22 :rolleyes:

Sammi
17-08-2009, 11:56am
Thanks for your help guys, Rachel, i have been opening them with photo professional the transferong them to PS this seems to be where the problem lies as they are opening up straight away as TIFF. havent tried opening them straight from PS so thanks for giving me the heads up its not supported

Nicholas N
17-08-2009, 1:47pm
Use Adobe Bridge and CS3 and you will have no issues. As long as your .DNG has been flattened after editing they will save straight to JPEG.

OwenS
17-08-2009, 1:50pm
Save as .PSD or .TIFF or whatever then go File > Scripts > Image Processor and click "run". You can select quality levels etc, it will convert it into JPEG and save it into a file called JPEG on your desktop.