PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a paid photo hosting site or the free version?

Bear Dale
16-08-2009, 5:50pm
Do you use a paid photo hosting site or the free version?

Philr
16-08-2009, 5:53pm
Paid! I can understand using the free versions if you are a beginner or don't really use it too much, but if one is serious in their work and wants to advance and improve and have somewhere decent to show there work off, why be tight and use the free version. I use both smugmug and flickr and the extra options ane pretty cool with the paid accounts.

etherial
16-08-2009, 7:28pm
Paid for me as of a week ago:D

Tried Picasa and the results when linking were unpredictable.

Then Photobucket (free version), linking good, but over the top with share this, comment on that, and links to everything all over the place. And the advertising in your face I think detracts from the images.

Now with Smugmug after this thread (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=36571). Like it a lot, no advertising, great customisation, linking etc very easy but not overpowering.

For me the price is worth it all the way!:th3:

David
16-08-2009, 8:40pm
Free site for me (flickr) since Im a newbie to photography so cant justify paying for 'exposure' on a site that costs dollars.

Fez
16-08-2009, 8:47pm
I use Phanfare to share with family & friends. See my signature..

Terri
16-08-2009, 8:54pm
Paid. I use pbase :)

jim
16-08-2009, 9:15pm
Then Photobucket (free version), linking good, but over the top with share this, comment on that, and links to everything all over the place. And the advertising in your face I think detracts from the images.

I use Photobucket and can't see any of this. Just my photos and some options for moving them around. No visible advertising at all on my browser.

brindyman
17-08-2009, 12:54am
i get my hosting for free :D ;).....i have contacts....they always come in handy

RuthJ
17-08-2009, 7:28am
Paid version of flickr...I'm happy with it so far :th3:

yummymummy
17-08-2009, 7:33am
I'm still using photobucket at the moment, but sometime in the future i would love to have my own site. Thanks to Philr, I've been asking him a LOAD of questions, and can see the benefits of the paid site, it looks so much more professional than photobucket..lol

DAdeGroot
17-08-2009, 7:42am
Paid - flickr and my own hosting.