PDA

View Full Version : Organisation across different machines

Calelli
16-08-2009, 11:18am
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas how tomanage pictures across different machines? I have an external drive where I save everything to, but regularly plug it into 3 different machines. Only one of the machines has photoshop (my husband's so I can't always use it)on it, the other two I have to use Picasa or viewNX. I would like to be able to tag my shots once and be done with it, but I don't know if it's possible. Any ideas would be gratefully recieved.

pgbphotographytas
16-08-2009, 1:59pm
I don't know the answer to your question but am keen to find out too as I have the same issue of using multiple computers at times.

Paul

ricktas
16-08-2009, 2:11pm
You can use Lightroom and just have a copy of the catalogue file on the external drive, and open the catalogue on each machine. Though Adobe only allow you to use their software on two machines and then only one at a time.

cascade
21-08-2009, 7:13pm
Have you thought about a syncing program. You can do your pp on one computer and it will automatically copy your pictures to whatever computers you want, even if it's not connected to you network.

I use Sugar Sync www.sugarsync.com for a different purpose then what you want but I can't see why it wouldn't work and it has the advantage of backing up you photos to an off site server which you can access anywhere.

Calelli
24-08-2009, 9:15pm
Thanks for the suggestions. Will have to get nerdy hubby to look at the sugar thing. Have tried badgering Adobe friend for free copy of Lightroom, but am not holding my breath.