PDA

View Full Version : Product Lighting

Whisky_Mac
03-08-2009, 3:45pm
I have been asked to do some product photography for the web. I think I could probably get away with one light, umbrella or soft box and a reflector on the shadow side.

At this stage it would be auto accessory gear being photographed and the idea is this would pay for a reasonable kit.

Any other ideas as photography at this stage will only end up as 72dpi jpegs.

ehor
03-08-2009, 5:26pm
Does it need to be isolate on white background?
Either way, closer the light source, the softer the shadows.
So single umbrella up close with white background should be ok.

Whisky_Mac
04-08-2009, 9:36am
Yeah, ehor, that's what I thought at this stage. Just getting back into it, use to have Minolta in the film days and have been working in the prepress graphics area for over 40 years so would like to do a reasonable job without going broke.

ehor
04-08-2009, 1:04pm
Yeah, ehor, that's what I thought at this stage. Just getting back into it, use to have Minolta in the film days and have been working in the prepress graphics area for over 40 years so would like to do a reasonable job without going broke.
What are you shooting? If it's fairly small stuff then the umbrella would more than suffice :)

Whisky_Mac
04-08-2009, 1:43pm
Just some auto accessories at this stage but it may grow so that is why what ever I make I reckon 50% should go back in to improve the set up. I am about to put a 10-22mm UWA lens into the kit as well.

oldfart
04-08-2009, 1:46pm
Depending on the subject material, I'd suggest a light tent was the best option for smaller items.