PDA

View Full Version : LCD Photo Frames as Camera LCD

Prang
26-07-2009, 11:20am
Seeing the replay on my camera is a bit of a pain, I find it hard to see if it was in focus.

On the newer cameras this wouldn't be a problem.

Has anyone used a LCD Photo frame connected up to a camera to review a larger pic?

Just a thought.

Cheers Pete

ricktas
26-07-2009, 12:44pm
You would need access to a power supply. I suppose depending on what and where you shoot it is an option, but certainly out in the field for most people it would not be possible. A laptop would be your better choice.

Prang
26-07-2009, 3:16pm
I see some are rechargeable and they have different card slots and USB.

At $55 dollars if the usb would sync to the frame , or even pull the card out and read it so
you can check the pics before moving on.

Cheers Pete

ricktas
26-07-2009, 3:20pm
Doesnt the K100D have a zoom function in reviewing them on the camera LCD? If it does just use that, preview photo on camera LCD, zoom in and check sharpness etc. Not 100% fullproof cause the LCD pixel count is not huge, but certainly you can determine if something is reasonably sharp..,or not!

ricktas
26-07-2009, 3:24pm
Just did a google.

Seems you can zoom the display up to 12x to check sharpness etc in Display mode. A second press of the Info button brings the image back fullscreen, with a small histogram at the bottom of the frame. Any overexposed areas in the frame also blink, if indicated in the Playback menu. You can press the up and down arrows in this mode to move the histogram up and down in the frame. Turning the E-Dial in this mode controls the index display and image enlargement options. The index display shows nine thumbnail images at a time on-screen, while the enlargement feature magnifies images as much as 12x.

MarkChap
26-07-2009, 3:30pm
Yes your camera screen is much smaller but he screen resolution on your camera is very probably quite a bit better than the LCD photo frame

Prang
26-07-2009, 4:27pm
Thanks Rick and Mark, I just had a practise of the zoom it works very quick .

Cheers Pete