PDA

View Full Version : ICC printer profiles

hoffy
25-07-2009, 2:51pm
Howdy all,

To follow on from my Inkjet paper thread, I ended up getting some Ilford Galarie Classic paper. I did try and find the Canson paper, but the ilford was just that bit more accessible. I did a back to back with the Canon Glossy paper that I had been using in the past & (apart from being perl V Glossy) the results are far superior. One thing I did notice with the Ilford is there is a slight blue tint with the print using the same settings (which Ilford recommend).

I thought I would try the ICC colour profiles that Ilford have on their website, but unfortunately my printer (MP810) isn't in their list. The closest was the profile for the MP610, which shares the same print head and inks as mine.

Is there more involved with printer profiles? Should I go ahead and just use it?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

jev
25-07-2009, 8:40pm
There are companies out there that you can send a printed testchart to and they return an ICC profile that matches your combination of printer, ink and paper as measured. I vaguely remember Rick mentioned some addresses some time ago, just do a search.