PDA

View Full Version : Black & White image with a cyan tint

Graeme Buckland
17-07-2009, 10:14pm
I have just picked up some prints from the printers, they are b/w images, the problem I have is that they all have a cyan tint through some of the image. Lyn, the lady that owns the print place said to me its because of the amount of contrast that I have put in the image through ps, has anyone else heard of this and if so what am I doing wrong.:confused013
By the way Lyn never charged me for any of the images. The 4 images thats its happened to are images I want to put in owe club comp.

There is another problem I am having at the moment and thats the b/w image looks great but when I print they come out very dark. Any help on these 2 problems would be greatly excepted.:confused013

swifty
17-07-2009, 10:37pm
I recently printed one of my converted contrasty BW images and I thought I noted a mild cyan tint to it but I thought it might have been the lighting condition I viewed it under and didn't pay that much attention to it after.
I seriously thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me but now that you've brought it up I might have to go check that print again.

CherylB
18-07-2009, 9:41am
The amount of contrast causing a blue tint?! Sounds like a crock to me.

I have heard that most photo printers cannot print true b&w because they are set up for colour printing and they always include SOME colour. To get a true b&w image you need to find a place that actually uses a b&w printer.

Although, some of the home printers coming out now claim to only use the black ink - so maybe this is outdated advice????? :confused013

As far as the prints coming out darker - firstly, is your monitor calibrated? If it is then it would probably depend on the profile of the picture and the printer profile.

TOM
18-07-2009, 10:14am
Graeme, if you want some nice prints, find a place like Atkins Technicolour, that do not use inkjet printers like an epson 7900, but create prints on true photographic archival silver based paper. These prints will last a LONG time and give superior results.