PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions on how much more?

Ian
17-07-2009, 10:09pm
here are two images of the same photo, the first is a copy of the original, and the second is the slightly worked version, with a little highlights and shadows, a little bit of cloning, and a little smart sharpening, and of course image sizing. is there any suggestions on further work to do on second photo. cheers in advance. :food04: :) ian

swifty
17-07-2009, 10:59pm
Looks good to me!! :th3:
But i was wondering, what shadow needed to be brought up in the first place? Didn't think anything was lacking there.

Nanny
17-07-2009, 11:08pm
I wouldn't do anything else it looks good to me.

Ian
17-07-2009, 11:19pm
Looks good to me!! :th3:
But i was wondering, what shadow needed to be brought up in the first place? Didn't think anything was lacking there.
thanks Swift, for your comment. i use the shadow and highlights to bring out the feather outline a bit more. :food04: :) ian

I wouldn't do anything else it looks good to me.
thank you Nanny, for your comment. the reason why i asked was that someone may have seen something i missed. :food04: :) ian

Miaow
18-07-2009, 11:04am
Looks nice to me also :)

mongo
18-07-2009, 11:19am
Mongo says It looks fine Ian. It can be a mistake to overdo it.

Mongo sometimes runs the sharpen tool (small diameter) at about 10-15% briefly over the eye and sometimes (with more caution) - over the outline of the beak briefly.

Now that you have some of Mongo’s secrets, you know Mongo will have to eat you and that delicious bird.

Ian
18-07-2009, 11:42am
Looks nice to me also :)
thanks Miaow, sometimes you think it is finished and somebody says you could have twigged here and here and you think to yourself yea i should have seen that.:food04: :) ian

Mongo says It looks fine Ian. It can be a mistake to overdo it.

Mongo sometimes runs the sharpen tool (small diameter) at about 10-15% briefly over the eye and sometimes (with more caution) - over the outline of the beak briefly.

Now that you have some of Mongo’s secrets, you know Mongo will have to eat you and that delicious bird.
Ian says thank-you to Mongo, yes that is what i try and steer clear of doing, Ian also runs smart sharpen over all the pic at about 86% :food04: :) ian