PDA

View Full Version : HELP

Sammi
14-07-2009, 10:55pm
My 3yr old zdaughter tonight szpilt bzubble mix on my lappy keyboard, i have taken out the keyboard and dried it but its still not working properly as you can see one key seems to be stuck, very hard to try typing this while its adding thousands of that letter that when i want to type it wont let me, i have also tryed putting some wd40 onz that particular keys connection but it still isnt playing the game, anyone have any suggestions as i cant even use photoshop because its playing up?

jamalnic
15-07-2009, 4:27am
Not good Sammi. My grand-daughter spilt a drink on mine a few weeks ago and I now have to replace it. The keys have stayed firmly stuck unfortunately. :(

Di

bigbikes
15-07-2009, 4:29am
Sam. I know that in the past when my kids were a bit younger the same sort of thing happened. I don't know if this will help you at all but on my keyboard you can actually remove the individual keys. With a very small screw driver or a small flat knife, you can actually lift the buttons off (They just pop on and off) After removing a couple of the buttons around the problem area, it gives you access to clean around the jammed button. After cleaning just pop the buttons back on. I hope this help you. :th3: :th3:
Good luck.

Miaow
15-07-2009, 8:48am
Hope you can get it fixed especially with a laptop - cant really just go out and buy a new keyboard for it :/

brindyman
16-07-2009, 2:16pm
Hope you can get it fixed especially with a laptop - cant really just go out and buy a new keyboard for it :/

hehe you can actually you just need to look ;)

if it wasnt a laptop id say soak the keyboard in demineralized water but alas it seems like you need to get yourself a new laptop keyboard

Sammi
16-07-2009, 2:36pm
hehe you can actually you just need to look ;)

if it wasnt a laptop id say soak the keyboard in demineralized water but alas it seems like you need to get yourself a new laptop keyboard

Yes, I have founzd a keyboard replacement for it on ebay for $ 24.95 + $6.99 p&h although not sure if im gonna tell hubby yet ive found one cause he was looking at buying me a new lappy last night,
he gets a nice discount for buying them through work he is the head IT tech at the local high school,
at the moment im running a acer aspire 3620, 1.5gh celeron M, with....... 256mb of ram:eek: PS CS2 just runs on it if i dont have anything else running in the background, hmmm im reallly likeing the thought of having something with 4 gb of ram, might hold off on the keyboard a lil while and see what happens:th3: :D

brindyman
16-07-2009, 2:44pm
i dont blame you for waiting lol i definately know which one id go for :P jb hifi have some pretty good lappys atm.....not that i need one...more of want one....but i want to start buying more photo gear LOL :P :D

draco
16-07-2009, 10:57pm
well, take it as an omen that you need to replace your laptop :D

IanB
17-07-2009, 5:49pm
:( What a bumma Sammi; I thought I was having puter problems; I would be thinking the liquid would have worked is way inside :eek: . Hopefully you will be able the save the hard drive>>you can get boxes for them so they become an external drive. Good luck :)

milspec
17-07-2009, 8:20pm
You could take the KB out and wash it in warm soapy water, make sure it is totally dry and re-install. It's all plastic and stainless steel so it shouldn't really stuff anything :D

Sammi
17-07-2009, 10:02pm
:( What a bumma Sammi; I thought I was having puter problems; I would be thinking the liquid would have worked is way inside :eek: . Hopefully you will be able the save the hard drive>>you can get boxes for them so they become an external drive. Good luck :)

Ian, the liquid didnt thankfully get right inside if it had it definatly wouldnt be woking now as the Mother board is right under the keyboard, the HDD is on the back of it,

You could take the KB out and wash it in warm soapy water, make sure it is totally dry and re-install. It's all plastic and stainless steel so it shouldn't really stuff anything

Milspec, the keyboard was taken out and fully dried then had a bit of WD-40 spayed in the offending key, other than that keys that i have problems with is the left hand shift with a, s, and w. it just wont make them capital, i am having to use this lappy till we decide what to do as our server / desktop MoBo crashed last night:eek: , not having a good week with computers, glad hubbys the one who has to work with them all day. on a lighter notestill got the gaming comp:D :th3: