PDA

View Full Version : Pse7/cs4-3

IanB
13-07-2009, 2:59pm
Follow on from here (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?p=349811) [more fotoputer problems]

Computer is now at the doctors and I need to decide which programme/plug ins and that sort of stuff

I would like to think I could do most photo enhancement I want to do with PSE7 and Lightroom. I have CS3 however there are issues with Vista/Canon 5D2. I don't want to spent $1500 on CS4 ** edited - breaches site rules ** . I have PSE5 but that is too limited.

I don't consider myself a professional photographer; more a working photographer (and part time at that). I started with Photoshop 7 and I could all my enhancement with that so I don't need all the wizzbangs in CS3 or 4.

So I would like your thoughts; those with PSE7: What do you think of it? What are the layers and action [?] like to work with? Are there plug ins for CS3 that make working with Canon 5D2 files workable. I would appreciate any knowledgeable thoughts.

In a nut shell; I'm sick of spending $$$$$ on programmes that I only use about 10% of :(

Please make me :)

jev
13-07-2009, 5:28pm
In PSE, you can't make or modify actions, you can use them though. Mask layers require a little fiddling with external actions too. Personally, I would suggest to look at other alternatives too, GiMP is free and provides almost everything (no 16-bit editing :( ), PaintShop Pro is in the price range of PSE but provides more functionality.

If you insist on using CS3, you could always convert the images from the 5DII to DNG using the standalone converter and than read them in into CS3. Or use DPP, convert to TIFF and import those into CS3.

IanB
13-07-2009, 5:52pm
Thanks Jev, It's bumma we can't make our own action in PSE. Will mostly use CS3 and DNG out lightroom although its a bit of a round about way. I just find it all a bit of pain as I'm on a wind down as far as photography in concerned.

I must look into GiMP

:)