PDA

View Full Version : K-7 Ten reasons why:::

Kym
12-07-2009, 11:03pm
This made me chuckle and feel warm and fuzzy as only Pentax can...

http://pentaxdslrs.blogspot.com/2009/07/why-you-should-buy-pentax-dslr-and-k-7.html

That brings me to the ten reasons you should own a Pentax DSLR:

1. Your friends have Pentax DSLRs and that gives you a chance to borrow their lenses.
2. The Pentax line has a shake reduction built-in the camera body; essentially making any lens mounted on a Pentax a “shake reduction” lens.
3. Your friends have Pentax DSLRs and that gives you a chance to borrow their lenses. You can also take picture of your friends and them of you.
4. You have noticed that for the money, Pentax has the best equipment around.
5. Your friends have Pentax DSLRs.
6. The Pentax management and employees, at least here in the USA, are the friendliest in the business. Their President and some of the employees have blogs or participate in the various forums. Do you even know who the other companies’ presidents are?
7. Your friends have Pentax DSLRs. The Pentax forums are full of friendly members.
8 Pentax have some of the best lenses, particularly the Limited Primes.
9. Your friends have Pentax DSLRs. Pentaxians are not pixel peepers, they shoot real pictures. The photographic world is still waiting for RiceHigh to post some real pictures instead of 100% crops of brick walls, taken in the dark at ISO 3200.
10. Where else can you find a DSLR with the following capabilities for around $1,300.00?

Big Red
13-07-2009, 5:34pm
11: There is not so many Pentax Users in Australia so there is less chance of someone borrowing your lenses ... [if if they do they are not so hard to find] :D

arthurking83
13-07-2009, 5:53pm
I loved

9. ...... The photographic world is still waiting for RiceHigh to post some real pictures instead of 100% crops of brick walls, taken in the dark at ISO 3200.

:th3:

So does that mean that the K20D is still the future for CypherOz photographic world domination? :D
(or is the K-7 still on the horizon?)

Kym
13-07-2009, 6:15pm
I loved
:th3:
So does that mean that the K20D is still the future for CypherOz photographic world domination? :D
(or is the K-7 still on the horizon?)

Sadly I've had a play with a K-7 and even though I love my K20D the K-7 is just blinkin brilliant.
Working on the upgrade plan now.
Just glad its tax time.

Yeah - I said before I wanted a bigger sensor - but just use the K-7 in a shop - soooo much good stuff - it will make you want to give up on SoCaNikOly. :th3:

Plus Yvon Bourque is now an AP member. :efelant:

JM Tran
13-07-2009, 6:19pm
12. Your friends and you can stand in the rain or sandstorm or blizzard and have a chat, while casually taking photos - without a worry in the world about your camera and lens being damaged

13. Pentax Limited pancake lenses allow you to pocket your camera, literally!

tim71
28-05-2010, 8:59pm
14. With 40+ years of backwards compatibility you can borrow or take over your ancestors' lifelong lens collection

we have to come up with more than 14

tim71
28-05-2010, 11:25pm
15. The K7 and Pentax Limited Lenses are recommended by a Leica pro photographer

this review is worth a read and has some great pics

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2010/03/18/pentax-k7-camera-review-in-photos/

Cage
29-05-2010, 10:58am
I like the sound of the 'in camera level' but I think I'll stick with my K20D for now.

tim71
29-05-2010, 2:20pm
IMQ is pretty much the same btwn k7 and K20D so might as well get your money's worth out of the K20D

Kym
29-05-2010, 2:23pm
IMQ is pretty much the same btwn k7 and K20D so might as well get your money's worth out of the K20D

I have both. I use both bodies. The K-7 for birds, wildlife and most stuff.
The K20D comes along with another lens on to compliment what I'm shooting, often the wide angle.

The K-7 LCD, live view, frame rate all matter to me. Live view (with horizon) for landscapes is nice

Lili
31-05-2010, 8:17pm
15. The K7 and Pentax Limited Lenses are recommended by a Leica pro photographer

this review is worth a read and has some great pics

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2010/03/18/pentax-k7-camera-review-in-photos/

It was this review that made me fall in love with the K7 about 2 months ago. Great review, thank you Mr Huff.