PDA

View Full Version : a700 issues:::

RosieA
28-06-2009, 9:22pm
Well, not issues in plural... just one major one - DUST does anyone else have a problem??? I have only had my camera since the beginning of April and I hate to think how many times I have tried to clean the sensor etc... my a100 is a cinch to clean in comparisson :confused013

hoffy
28-06-2009, 9:26pm
Well, not issues in plural... just one major one - DUST does anyone else have a problem??? I have only had my camera since the beginning of April and I hate to think how many times I have tried to clean the sensor etc... my a100 is a cinch to clean in comparisson :confused013

Mine has dust, but not that bad. There are a few spots that I cannot get off, but they are hardly noticeable.

So, I am not really sure what the solution is, apart from getting a clean. If you try the DIY approach, do your research and ensure you get the right cleaning kit.

ricktas
28-06-2009, 9:27pm
A700, that's full frame right?

Bigger sensor (by heaps) means more surface area for dust to land on. Also sensors are electronic, therefore static build up will exist. Static attracts stuff (dust). My D3 is the same, it needs more cleaning, more regularly, than my D200 does.

hoffy
28-06-2009, 9:29pm
No APSC

ricktas
28-06-2009, 9:30pm
No APSC

Ah, thanks Hoffy. the A900 is the full frame one. (so many brands, so many models)

RosieA
29-06-2009, 6:38pm
thanks for the input guys :)

davesmith
30-06-2009, 8:53am
I've actually found the A700 to be better and haven't had any dust issues. Giving the sensor a shake every time you turn it on/off seems to work well and I can't even remember the last time I had the blower into it. That may not actually mean anything though. Having both bodies and more of an idea what I'm doing these days, I probably don't change lenses as often as I did when I had only the A100

arthurking83
01-07-2009, 3:14pm
Rosie, are you trying to clean the sensor the manual way, or the automated way?

Automated way: if th ecamera has a sensor clean function then it attempts to clean off(shake/sonic blast) the biggest of dust particles, and may dislodge the smallest ones as well.

Manual way: Using a wet sensor cleaning product is usualy the only way to remove 100% of stubborn dust particles.

I think dust is a random event that adheres closely to the laws of Chaos(a universal law that says something to the effect that almost anything goes.

If you haven't tried a manual sensor clean, then if you come along to the next AP meetup on the 18th, I can bring my cleaning stuff and show you how easy it is to actually clean the sensor properly.
We may have to go somewhere isolated, private and quiet tho! ;)
(lol!... the hard part is trying to find a dust free environment, with no draught).

let me know if you're going to make it and whether you need help with it.

Once you've seen how easy it is to do, get yourself a cleaning kit(approx $50-60 or so) and it should last you about 3-4 years(on average).

:)

RosieA
02-07-2009, 11:13pm
thanks Arthur... hope to have one come in the mail before then - ebay is useful sometimes!!

DzRbenson
03-07-2009, 8:56am
Send it to Sony repair, this is covered under warranty.

:)

RosieA
03-07-2009, 1:22pm
I don't want to be without my camera though... it would be like missing a leg!!! Plus we go to the snow next week, intend to take lots of pics!!! :D

amymergard
25-11-2010, 9:09pm
I have to say, I had more problems with dust on my Dynax 7D than I have with my A700. Mind you, I now take much more care with my camera when switching lenses than I did previously.
As far as cleaning products go, I find the copper hill images sensor sweep works a treat.

ament
28-05-2011, 10:30pm
safety way is send back sony center, risky way is clean yourself with using dust blower, if can't try to use paint spray type.