PDA

View Full Version : Which laptop is better for photo editing? Whose screens?

CapnBloodbeard
23-06-2009, 8:04pm
I'm looking at getting a new laptop....I'm hoping to spend under $1000, but I was wondering if anybody knows if any brand's screens are better for photo editing?

Or would I be better off sticking with my desktop and the 4yr old cheapy BenQ FP71G*S monitor for the photo editing?

Even if anybody isn't sure about particular brands, how about technologies?

Glossy screen or regular?

What about WLED screens, like the new ones by Dell?

MarkW
23-06-2009, 9:26pm
You can have a good laptop or you can get one sub $1K - they are mutually exclusive - your choice.

For me its a MacBook Pro. In a laptop there is no other and I won't go back to windoze ever.

For a screen, the Apple LED Cinema Display. Again this aint cheap but you only get what you pay for. Me I like a glossy display and the printer is calibrated to the screen.

CapnBloodbeard
23-06-2009, 9:53pm
Yes well....I know I'm hardly going to get anything suitable for a professional workflow at this price range :-)

I was just wondering if any screen types are better than others really...(if so it would help me narrow my search down, spending way too long choosing a laptop...)

para
23-06-2009, 9:55pm
For me its a MacBook Pro. In a laptop there is no other and I won't go back to windoze ever.

For a screen, the Apple LED Cinema Display. Again this aint cheap but you only get what you pay for. Me I like a glossy display and the printer is calibrated to the screen.

totally agree