PDA

View Full Version : Pano hiccup

Seesee
22-06-2009, 12:34pm
Something occurred whilst editing and merging some pix into a pano couple of nights ago. Tried to merge 5 images together which all looked good until I tried to "save as"....kept getting a pop up stating I had insufficient RAM to do the task ? suggesting that I tick the baseline setting wjhen saving, did that and still cant save ? The file size was around 30mb and I've done a lot bigger pano files than that so nio idea why it wont recognize this particular pano creation. Just done a few others with no problem including one that was 12 images stitched

Kym
22-06-2009, 12:36pm
I assume you flattened the image layers and resized?

Seesee
22-06-2009, 1:03pm
Flattened yes, resized no......I wouldn't of thought this size would of mattered as I have done a lot bigger no problem....I'll try reducing the size and see what occurs, seems odd I may need to though....cheers Kym

BLWNHR
22-06-2009, 2:43pm
I have a similar problem where PS CS3 holds a lot of data in the RAM, even after images have been closed. I'm running a Core2Quad processor and 4GB of RAM so the system is hardly the weak link.

My thoughts would be, did you do a lot of editing before you did the Pano? I find if I'm going to do a big Pano or HDR I restart PS and then it'll run great every time. That way it gives up the RAM it's holding onto and starts a fresh.

Kym
22-06-2009, 2:48pm
I have a similar problem where PS CS3 holds a lot of data in the RAM, even after images have been closed. I'm running a Core2Quad processor and 4GB of RAM so the system is hardly the weak link.

My thoughts would be, did you do a lot of editing before you did the Pano? I find if I'm going to do a big Pano or HDR I restart PS and then it'll run great every time. That way it gives up the RAM it's holding onto and starts a fresh.

Good point. I'm using CS4.

Under CS3 restart the program, do the pano, save it and exit.

NeilC
22-06-2009, 3:37pm
Col, How often do you delete the cache files from NX? I find that this program really hogs the memory when the cache is getting full. Everything slows right down and my patience levels start to dwindle and once i get rid of all the rubbish, the performance is loads better.

Seesee
22-06-2009, 4:52pm

.Running dual core and 2 gig RAM but never been a problem until this image. Just tried it again and reduced file size considerably and it saved, but it's odd because this ones only small compared to some others I have just done.

No didn't do any editing before stitching in CS3, just opened the RAW files as were ...as I a have always done. I did do a restart but no difference....and I never use NX anyway, I only have that installed on my laptop, not my PC.

Seems like maybe it's cleared itself now possibly, just seemed odd....gremlins.

Seesee
22-06-2009, 4:53pm
oops, sorry I hit quote and not multi quote

Big Pix
22-06-2009, 10:24pm
how much memory do you have for the scratch disk in CS3 ?