PDA

View Full Version : Photomatix

B D H
21-06-2009, 7:46pm
Hello All
I'm becoming a lot more interested in HDR & am looking at purchasing Photomatrix HDR
I have CS3 already, & I'm wondering wether I should download the stand alone version or the CS3 plug in
Is there any advantage with either of them ?
I'm guessing that the CS3 vers. allows further tweaking without having to transfer the image anywhere, but I could be wrong
Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

MattC
23-06-2009, 10:16pm
I use the stand alone version, and found it to be fine - get the image to how I want, output it to 16 but TIFF, then do a bit more work on it in Photoshop.
Not sure how it would go if you need to do lots of conversions - I think it can do batch conversions though.

Cheers.

jim
24-06-2009, 5:26am
I seem to recall that the plugin does less than the standalone program, so may not be worth paying extra for. Perhaps better to process with Photomatix then import into Photoshop for any further tweaking.

B D H
24-06-2009, 6:26pm
Thanks Matt & Jim
I've done some research in the meantime & it looks like the standalone version is the one to have,
I suppose one could be led to believe the more expensive one should be better with more features & that, but it doesn't appear to be the case with this one
I've downloaded the standalone vers. trial option, It's very easy to use, even for me
I'll probably purchase soon

Cheers