PDA

View Full Version : Flash for Nikon D70s

Monty1
06-06-2009, 1:30pm
I have been using the Nikon D70s for a while. When I have needed to use a flash, it has been the built in one on the camera - I have found that this is not that great.

I am looking at buying a flash, obviously the recommended ones are your Nikon Speedlight SB - 400 & 600, BUT, they are very expensive. I have found a brand called Nissin, which "seem" good, and costs a lot less. They have models that are compatible with my camera, which seems perfect - My need for a flash is minimal, but I want a better quality one than what comes built in. Has anyone used this brand?, or do you have any suggestions?
Regards,
Michael

Viper
06-06-2009, 2:59pm
SB 400, Teds have them cheap at the moment check out this link.

As a personal preference i keep clear from third party flash units.

http://www.teds.com.au/www/6/1001102...-1001229_.html

Not sure how much you want to spend but this is a bargain.

Monty1
06-06-2009, 3:24pm
Hi,
Thanks for this. I did see this on the Nikon site, but did not really read it properly! For what I want, this could be a goer.
Cheers
Michael

Viper
06-06-2009, 3:28pm
No worries, good luck.

Monty1
06-06-2009, 3:45pm
Hi again,
Just checked it all out, it does exactly what I want. Ted's Doncaster (Victoria) have them in stock. They are also the best price, so off to buy one- many thanks for your help.
Michael

matilda
06-06-2009, 3:50pm
i have the sb400 and it does the job for what I want (for the time being that is).

Monty1
06-06-2009, 3:57pm
i have the sb400 and it does the job for what I want (for the time being that is).
Hi,
Thanks. I am convinced. I went back and ready the info correctly, and this will be fine for what I need right now ( it's a step up from the built in). later, when funds allow, i will probably get something more super duper.
Cheers
Michael

Viper
06-06-2009, 4:56pm
Hi again,
Just checked it all out, it does exactly what I want. Ted's Doncaster (Victoria) have them in stock. They are also the best price, so off to buy one- many thanks for your help.
Michael

Cool Michael, post some images with your new flash.....:)

arthurking83
06-06-2009, 8:11pm
Yep!... as the minimum requirement, the SB400 will allow for some bounce which always give a better quality of light.

Getting a lower quality speedlight is usually false economy(except from what I've seen of the top end Sigma's!) but once you've played with Nikons SB 600/800/900 and experienced wireless flash without the need for addon devices(ie. the compactness and portability of it), you'd never back to anything else, and wondered how you lived without it in the first place!

the beauty of the SB400 is that you can keep it easily in a pocket without it becoming an nuisance too.

Monty1
10-06-2009, 9:27am
Hi all,
SB-400 arrived today, have had a little play so far, I like it. It does what I want. Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Michael

arthurking83
11-06-2009, 12:52am
:th3:

be sure to post a few samples, and don;t be shy in coming along to the melbourne meet next month, and bring the SB-400 along
(not that I want to have a play with it or nuth'n.... really I don't ;))