PDA

View Full Version : CS4 clone tool

IanB
16-05-2009, 11:13am
:( Adobe have changed the way the clone tool works in CS4 and I don't like.

Does anyone like it?

Is there a way to use it the old way in CS4?

:)

ricktas
16-05-2009, 11:31am
I actually like it, I like the way you can see what is going to be placed at your destination area.

IanB
16-05-2009, 11:42am
Thanks Rick; My gripe is that it only shows 100% opacity even when set at say the 30% or less that I often use when fixing portraits

mcdesign
16-05-2009, 10:16pm
I turned off the 'show overlay' box in the Clone Source menu, that got it back to the way I preferred to work, at least I think that is what I did!

Kym
16-05-2009, 10:18pm
You need to have the latest patches, the latest graphics driver and a fast 'puter to get value from it - if you have those things it rocks.

enduro
17-05-2009, 1:01am
You need to have the latest patches, the latest graphics driver and a fast 'puter to get value from it - if you have those things it rocks.

I really like to way the tool operates now. I have a 3.2GHz machine (about 5 years old) and the whole package work fine for my needs. Having the clone tool reveal the source area saves me quite a bit of guessing and time.

Will the latest patches resolve the opacity issue or is that related to PC performace?

TIA

IanB
17-05-2009, 8:31am
Thanks everyone for the help; I'll try Margaret's way and see what happens. I haven't really found anything on/in CS4 that I really want or need. And as it just arrived on the computer after some else used it :angry34: I don't really care if it's there or not.

As I replied to Rick; I could accept the new cloning way if the opacity was adjusted; I often use it at below 30%, but it shows 100% which to me is :crzy:

LR is a different story; now that does have it's uses. I need to get the signature plug-in up and working.

ricktas
17-05-2009, 8:56am
I really like to way the tool operates now. I have a 3.2GHz machine (about 5 years old) and the whole package work fine for my needs. Having the clone tool reveal the source area saves me quite a bit of guessing and time.

Will the latest patches resolve the opacity issue or is that related to PC performace?

TIA

It is related to performance. I had an issue that if I made my brush over about 80 pixels, it would partially disappear (the brush circle or shape). The brush would still work, but you couldn't easily judge accurately what it was going to work on, cause you couldn't see it. My brush over 80 pixels ended up being about a quarter of the brush circle visible. Downloaded latest driver for my video card and it resolved that.

Kym
17-05-2009, 9:02am
Abobe work closely with Nvidia and AMD(ATI) to make stuff work.
There are specific features in most drivers to help Adobe products.
CS4 is new - its had serious patches and both the graphics companies have released new drivers in the last 6 months.

IanB
17-05-2009, 9:13am
Abobe work closely with Nvidia and AMD(ATI) to make stuff work.
There are specific features in most drivers to help Adobe products.
CS4 is new - its had serious patches and both the graphics companies have released new drivers in the last 6 months.

Sounds like another job for Salli when she's here in June :o