PDA

View Full Version : Does This Exist?

crazyjester900
04-05-2009, 10:08pm
Hi Guys,

I have a job coming up and the client has asked me to do it in a specific way...

They want me to photograph something with 2 cameras and the same time.

Now here is the question is there a shutting release cable that can fire two independent
Cameras at the same time..

OR

Does anyone know of a way this can be done??

Thanks Guys

ricktas
04-05-2009, 10:13pm
You can get IR (infra red) triggers, that can trigger more than one camera at a time, if setup correctly.

They often use them to photograph wild animals, set the camera up with an IR beam. Leave the site, when something breaks the beam, it triggers the shutter. I am sure you could set something like that up to trigger two camera's at the same time, using IR triggers.

There are probably other options and methods as well.

crazyjester900
04-05-2009, 10:18pm
interesting...

i have an IR Sensor so i can fire off camera flash.. can i use that?

do i have to buy 2 IR Sensors..

This is already looking very expensive..

ricktas
04-05-2009, 10:24pm
I am not sure how the setup works, have never used one, but have seen it done. I saw the setup being done to try and get photos of the extinct Tasmanian Tiger. A film crew were using IR sensor equipment in the field at various locations around Tasmania, hoping that they would capture a shot of the supposedly extinct tiger. They got lots of shots of Roos and Devils, but no tigers.

BLWNHR
04-05-2009, 10:31pm
Pretty sure some models of Pocket Wizards will allow you to trigger a camera remotely.

arthurking83
04-05-2009, 10:31pm
what camera?

if it's compatible with the Phottix Cleon line of wireless remotes, there's no reason why one remote wouldn't fire off two receivers.

Love my wireless remote, and wouldn't be without it now.. It has a very good range, and they have various channels so that one doesn't interfere with another.. so while I haven't tried it.. (using common logic)there's nothing to say that it won't work.

these wireless receivers cost approx $50 from ebay.

TOM
04-05-2009, 11:12pm
pocket wizards will certainly do the job and you will have a working range of around 500 metres.

crazyjester900
05-05-2009, 8:04am
exellent thanks for that. i had a feeling they might..

I have only one problem now.....

I sold my 5D and moved up to the MKII meaning that my second camera is a 350D

to make them the same i will have to work out the ratio of the sensor size and put
the two lenses to different zoom so that they are identical OR

i just go hire a regular 5D no need to hire the MKII..

OK now that's done PLANNING TIME

Thanks