PDA

View Full Version : Twikles with lightroom

IanB
03-05-2009, 7:34pm
I have been getting my head around Lightroom; mainly acquired it for raw converting, but I thought I should have a look at what else it can do for me. These two images were both fix in LR only (used PS to stamp) and I have to say there is a lot going for LR. Like everything; it just takes a bit time.

The portrait photo is also a good point for using a full frame camera; cropping ability is great which allows for very loose [lazy :eek: ] photography; I would now hate to have to go back to film where "cropping" was done in the camera.

I will however still be using PS a lot but ..............

Thanks for your help in getting LR up and going

:)

nisstrust
06-05-2009, 12:10am
Great to hear Ian, happy to know that your patience has paid off. As i have said before LR is extremely powerful when understood and used in the right manner for its intended purpose...

The shots above have come out really well, especially #2. :th3:

IanB
06-05-2009, 8:29am
Thanks nisstrust, I had forgotten about this thread. I'm also finding it a good programme to show clients their images; it's nothing to lighten or darken and crop the image to as I see it or as they want it. But sooooo much more to learn.

AdamC
06-05-2009, 11:08am
I absolutely love Lightroom - for me it turned processing from a tedious chore into something that's comparatively a joy to do. Sure, it doesn't do *everything* - I still use PS for cloning out unwanted sections and for Noise Ninja - but it's great for 99% of what I want to do.

With the addition of the LR/Mogrify and Gallery uploader plugins, it's perfect - I can import, edit, add watermark and upload entirely painlessly and entirely from within LR.

nisstrust
06-05-2009, 12:17pm
yeah i'm keen on any tips you guys have with LR as well.
I am sure there are plenty of things that are plainly obvious but i may have not noticed...

Hey Adam, we need a quick noise ninja plugin for LR to be developed, they have one for aperture...

AdamC
06-05-2009, 12:51pm
Hey Adam, we need a quick noise ninja plugin for LR to be developed, they have one for aperture...

Yup yup, hanging out for it! I guess it's only a matter of time.

IanB
06-05-2009, 5:20pm
I can import, edit, add watermark and

I have read or heard some where about adding a water mark; how's that done Adam/

Thanks for looking in and the replies; have to confess the image of the portrait that was sent to the lab for printing was done in PS; but then did the above to see how much I could do in LR; there's not much difference and I even fix up the hair [clone tool] in LR although it was very fiddly to do; pS better for that stuff.

umajo
06-05-2009, 5:29pm
i too have lightroom and am using it quite a bit now but always looking at learning

AdamC
06-05-2009, 6:16pm
I have read or heard some where about adding a water mark; how's that done Adam?

With LR/Mogrify. Mogrify lets you add watermarks and borders etc seamlessly as part of the export process. It's donationware and well worth getting.

IanB
06-05-2009, 7:17pm
With LR/Mogrify. Mogrify lets you add watermarks and borders etc seamlessly as part of the export process. It's donationware and well worth getting.

Thanks Adam.

AdamC
06-05-2009, 7:33pm
Thanks Adam.

Sorry I didn't give you a link - I thought someone else in this thread did already. Must have been another thread.

http://timothyarmes.com/lr2mogrify.php

IanB
06-05-2009, 7:42pm
Sorry I didn't give you a link - I thought someone else in this thread did already. Must have been another thread.

http://timothyarmes.com/lr2mogrify.php

Cheers again; I had found one after reading your post; a job for tomorrow