PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning imac/macbook screens ??

bigdazzler
23-04-2009, 4:17pm
For all the mac users, what do you use ?? My glossy screens are getting a little grubby and need a good clean .. the anti static dust cloth that came with the machines is not gonna cut it, I need some kind of liquid solution to get some stubborn spots off .. im not sure what to use.

Ive read really good things this product iclean (http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=2105) apparently it works perfectly, but its a little expensive at $50 for a 200ml bottle .. :eek:

Calxoddity
23-04-2009, 4:40pm
geez, mate! you must be producing some pretty heavy-duty drool for the black cloth not to get it off. try windex in one of the corners - I think the glass isn't coated, but you never know. It's quite thin glass though, so don't press too hard.

Regards,
Calx

bigdazzler
23-04-2009, 4:57pm
think its got more to do with me eating at my desk and spraying stuff all over my screen :D ... the mrs is always screaming at me for it :rolleyes:

windex ya reckon ?? i was going to but then i thought ... mmmm maybe not :confused013

thelastname
23-04-2009, 8:25pm
Leave you computer off for a while so the screen is cool, and use a soft cloth damp cloth that has been wet with distilled water. Don't use tap water as it most likely contains chlorine and will cause streaking. Also be very careful using products like windex as in some cases it can cause damage and remove coatings that you are not aware of.

bigdazzler
23-04-2009, 8:36pm
. Also be very careful using products like windex as in some cases it can cause damage and remove coatings that you are not aware of.

Thats why I didnt use Windex .. ;)

All good, my mate whos in the electronics game called in a favour at one of his Harvey Norman clients, and got me a bottle of that iclean stuff for nothing .. ;)

mcdesign
11-05-2009, 12:41pm
Bit old this thread but I use my lens cleaner on my iMac, just a touch on the microfibre cloth I use for my lenses. Margaret

DanNG
13-05-2009, 7:34pm
I grabbed a generic screen cleaner pack from harvey norman, comes with spray, cloth and a anti-static soft brush... works great.

pgbphotographytas
13-05-2009, 8:17pm
We never really clean the LCD's at work, maybe we should start...

Paul