PDA

View Full Version : Foam for a home made camera case

Bear Dale
16-04-2009, 11:21pm
I am making a home made camera case and I'm trying fruitlessly to purchase the foam that is pre-cut into those "fingers" that you can pick and pull out to customise for lenses, bodies etc.

Does anyone know what it's called or if it's procurable?

Cheers

IanB
16-04-2009, 11:57pm
Try Clark Rubber; that stuff was very popular a few (long) years ago but I must admitt I have not seen any lately. You may be able to use thin layers of foam and do the cut outs to suit.

:)

Bear Dale
17-04-2009, 9:14am
Cheers Ian I'll ring them and try.

arthurking83
17-04-2009, 9:37am
Another alternative is to try some of the higher grade photographic establishments.

Any shop that sells Pelican cases will(should!) sell the foam inserts too.

I remember Borges(photographic services shop) had them for sale.. not cheap, but overly expensive either.

I'm pretty sure Clark Rubber won't sell the precut finger foam inserts, but they do have some very good quality foams.

MarkW
17-04-2009, 10:55am
BTW the correct term is "Pick & Pluck Foam"

kiwi
17-04-2009, 11:03am
Try Stanley Tool Box shops too, they have similar stuff

Bear Dale
20-04-2009, 12:04pm
A mate of mine went to Sydney on the w/e and picked me up some Hi-Dense foam from Clark Rubber, great stuff and very easy to cut.

I went to my local Bunnings on the w/e and lo and behold I saw Pelican "lookalike" case with Pluck n Pull and eggcrate foam for $90.00 a case. Side by side you'd be very hard picked to see that they aren't genuine Pelican hard cases.

Tricky
20-04-2009, 2:32pm
A mate of mine went to Sydney on the w/e and picked me up some Hi-Dense foam from Clark Rubber, great stuff and very easy to cut.

I went to my local Bunnings on the w/e and lo and behold I saw Pelican "lookalike" case with Pluck n Pull and eggcrate foam for $90.00 a case. Side by side you'd be very hard picked to see that they aren't genuine Pelican hard cases.

I would be interested to see some pictures of your project, once complete :)

Bear Dale
21-04-2009, 11:52am
After purchasing these Pelican knock offs from Bunnings Tricky the DIY project has gone by the wayside.

IanB
21-04-2009, 3:19pm
After purchasing these Pelican knock offs from Bunnings Tricky the DIY project has gone by the wayside.

LOL. You never know where a simple info request thread will take you :confused013

:)