PDA

View Full Version : Solid State Drive +ve impact on post processing

DanNG
03-04-2009, 11:20pm
Hi all, just recently installed a OCZ Vertex Solid State drive into my macbook, overall computer performance has increased dramatically... boot up time of 15 seconds. But more importantly.. a big gain in Aperture performance for rendering previews and general processing/navigating. Something to think about other than just ram and processor speed... when building a system.

Not a very detailed review... but just wanted to share my experience with the forum for what I think is a great upgrade, as SSD prices start to tumble and capacities increase.. post processing is only going to keep getting faster.. exciting times ahead :th3: :food04:

MarkW
04-04-2009, 11:32am
Holy crap batman - $800 USD plus for 250Gb from Amazon :eek:

I hope the speed increase was worth it :rolleyes:

I might just leve the MBP alone until the Apple Care is finished.

Roof
04-04-2009, 12:09pm
how do you find the 13inch Dan ???

Still looking at buying a mac...........but i really would like the top of the range

Kym
04-04-2009, 2:36pm
SSD will become defacto within 5 years (my guess).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card#SDXC

Why? Cheaper, faster, more reliable. I think we have reached the limit of mechanical drives.

DanNG
05-04-2009, 1:19pm
MarkW: I bought the 120gb model - Performance increase was worth it

Roof: I really like the 13inch macbook, its very portable and lightweight. The build quality is awesome.. it still looks brand new after 5 months. The display is not optimal for post processing... but is good enough for my needs.
If you want top of the range then the new 17inch Macbook Pro with the Matte display would be a sweet set up...

Roof
05-04-2009, 1:51pm
If you want top of the range then the new 17inch Macbook Pro with the Matte display would be a sweet set up...

Have to wait for the government to sponsor me