PDA

View Full Version : So you want to try and shoot portraits

Lucky
17-01-2007, 9:13pm
Have you ever thought about doing some portraits but can't get anyone to pose for you? I have had this problem for ages and have finally found a way to get models to practice on for FREE!!!

3 little words.....Time For Prints.

Time for prints is a system where wanna be models and even professional models gain free portfolio shots in exchange for their time.
The usual agreement is that they can do whatever they want with the images without your permission and likewise for you. However get a model release form and include a section on selling exclusive rights to a picture (want one, just ask. I have an example).

There are several sites on which you can advertise for TFP, but the one I will recommend is starnow.com

I placed a free ad on this site and received replies on the first day. Make sure you put where you are and what type of service you're offering (I specified outdoor sessions).

I now have several clients including first time models who can't afford a professional photog to do a portfolio, pole dancers, guys, girls, models from FHM magazine who are just happy to help you out and families looking for free family portraits.

This is not a paid advertisement BTW just a tip from someone who has found the 'model pot of gold' :) The hardest thing I have found is picking the right location to do lingerie shoots :D

Feel free to ask in here for more info and i'll hopefully be posting pics soon of some of my TFP sessions.

arthurking83
17-01-2007, 9:53pm
..... The hardest thing I have found is picking the right location to do lingerie shoots :D

Feel free to ask in here for more info and i'll hopefully be posting pics soon of some of my TFP sessions.

You're always welcome to my place... just gotta give the missus some $$$ to take the kids out! :p

OTOH, I'd be paying the $$ for a top floor penthouse suite at the Sheraton! :th3: ...may be worth it :action003:

:laughing1:

foonji
18-01-2007, 12:47pm
ah kewl :) will check this out.

foonji
18-01-2007, 1:06pm
came accross this on there > http://www.undiscovered.com/html/hotornot_detail.php?Call=showdetails&id=53

may interest some :)

brettrobsonphotography
18-01-2007, 1:49pm

brettrobsonphotography
18-01-2007, 1:50pm

Lucky
19-01-2007, 9:34pm
To find my ad go to...

Jobs and casting,

Models Wanted.

Look at the models wanted list and at the bottom you'll see TFP Photographs.

My ad is the "TFP/CD Newcastle Area" second from top I think.

The1
29-01-2007, 12:25pm
thanks for the tip buddy, will keep it in mind when i start doing more portraits

PicturePerfect
29-01-2007, 12:38pm
Thanks for the info Lucky, i will be looking at doing that once get my new studio lights.

aussieraven
07-08-2011, 9:13pm
wow thank you this has been my problem for too long :)

kiwi
07-08-2011, 9:23pm
Aarrggg don't post to threads 4 years old !!!!!!!

I @ M
08-08-2011, 5:55am
Aarrggg don't post to threads 4 years old !!!!!!!

You just did exactly that. :rolleyes:

41jas
08-08-2011, 9:41pm
haha and it got me to read it. haha