PDA

View Full Version : Flash Options? for Canon Shooter

birdie
28-03-2009, 1:02pm
'm thinking about getting some flashes in a little while... I've been tossing around various ideas on what to get...

So i'm thinking I'll probably get a 430EX II or Sigma 530 Super or 580EX so that it can be used on camera for the time i want on camera flash... And also get a couple of cheaper flashes for off camera flash... maybe some Nikon SB-26, Nikon SB-80, Nikon SB-28, Metz 54's, Metz 60, Sunpak 120J if i could find some???

And then a couple of light stands, a couple of light mounts, wireless triggers (probably just cactus V4s at this stage... mainly hobbyist so won't really be shooting a corporate boss that only has 30 secs to get the right shot), a couple of convertable umbrellas, thats all i can think of atm...

I want to use them basically a really portable studio setup (rather than proper studio lights)...

littleblightie
28-03-2009, 5:43pm
I'm in the same boat, I have a 430EX for on camera stuff, where ETTL-2 comes in handy, and also have some cheaper, more powerful flashes for off camera stuff...

If you were after some, I have 2 Metz 45 CT-1's that I could let go if you were keen?