PDA

View Full Version : Nikon Transfer, View & Capture NX users.

I @ M
27-03-2009, 9:47am
New updates for Transfer and View available at --- http://nikonasia-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nikonasia_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=4Is3uBoj&p_lva=&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_page=1&p_cv=1.224&p_pv=&p_prods=0&p_cats=224&p_hidden_prods=&prod_lvl1=0&cat_lvl1=224&p_search_text=&p_new_search and an interesting update announcement for Capture NX at --- http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/info/news090325.htm :rolleyes:

N*A*M
27-03-2009, 10:22am
i might start trying CNX2 then... LR is good but it changes everything to a base line to begin with and sometimes i would just like to preserve the in-camera settings

kiwi
27-03-2009, 1:29pm
Have you downloaded the DNG Nikon profiles for LR ? Makes quite a big (+ve) difference.

I @ M
27-03-2009, 2:15pm
The interesting thing about the NX update announcement is that Nikon don't generally announce the updates, they just release them and then tell people.
Are they waiting till the start of next month to coincide the release of the software with the release of a new camera. That way the software will already recognise the "new' model and they won't have to update the software soon after, also as we have seen in the past when they released software updates the details of "new" models were released with it.

D400 perhaps?

kiwi
27-03-2009, 5:16pm
Id say it's very close

arthurking83
27-03-2009, 8:01pm
D60 replacement!! for sure! It;s the model that Nikon will be relying upon more than any other to keep their sales figures up where they belong. That camera needs LiveView and video ability, whereas the D300 is still more than a match for Canons offering in the same class(ATM).

Of course Nikon have naming issues to deal with, so that's really my only interest in that particular model.

ps. I installed the View NX update and rendering NEF images is much faster(on this slow, old overweight, dog of a machine that desperately needs a format! :p)

and there's a new CA correcting quick correct tool that has worked quite well so far that I've seen.

pps. I forgot to post a link the other night :o .. too busy playing with VNX! :D

I @ M
29-03-2009, 12:09pm
I downloaded and installed the updates to Transfer and View the other day and immediately noticed something strange.

When the NEF image loads into Nikon View it appears soft, I didn't take a great deal of notice at first due to the pics being from a lens that has focus issues.

When I looked at pics taken with a lens that performs as it should they still looked soft but when opened unedited in Capture NX they look fine again.

I think they have lessened the picture quality in View in order to convince people to stop editing with the free program and pay money for Capture.

This is of course only what I am seeing on my PC and I am waiting to hear back from another user but if anybody else can have a look on their machines please feel free to add your views. :)

kaiser
30-03-2009, 1:54pm
Have you downloaded the DNG Nikon profiles for LR ? Makes quite a big (+ve) difference.

Do these come automatically with the newest version of LR? (LR 2.3 and ACR 4.6) or is it a manual download?