PDA

View Full Version : can someone teach me how to do this effect please?

myx
23-03-2009, 1:48am
hi, i'm a newbie n i would love to learn how to do this effect. thanks

http://www.krimsonline.be/2009/02/28/yellow-angel/

jev
23-03-2009, 2:29am
What software do you use for postprocessing?

There are several ways to do this, but here's mine (works in PhotoShop, PaintShop Pro and GiMP):
1) Duplicate the backgroundlayer
2) Convert the duplicated layer to B/W
3) Add a mask on the new layer
4) Paint (on the later mask!) everything black that you want to return to color and paint everything you want in B/W white (or vice versa, I never remember which is which)
5) Flatten your image
Voila!

myx
23-03-2009, 3:10am
thanks... will try it... hopefully i succeed..

umajo
23-03-2009, 6:36am
ues thats right, black to show the color and white hides it

myx
23-03-2009, 7:50am
thanks umajo

matilda
04-04-2009, 10:41am
ooh this is very helpful.

I'm glad a had a sticky beak, i will try it out :D

TOM
04-04-2009, 7:42pm
another way, in photoshop, convert image to black and white, then simply paint the colour back in with the histroy brush.

[ kane ]
13-04-2009, 10:21am
As above, its called selective colour layering, or layer masking.

Do some googles, there are lots of ways to do this, and probably some dedicated piece of software also.

It can be very fun to do, the trick is to take your time with the selecting.

Another trick is to open the RAW in PS or LR and zero the saturation of every colour but the colour you want, then increase that colour, then do the same again and leave as normal so you have two pics that are exactly the same.

Open them, copy one to the other, do the selection and wala, that way you can be less perfect with the selection.

Good luck.

Kevin M
19-04-2009, 9:23am
if you have a faster servicing ADSL or even better broadband - sometimes (depending on subject) you may find a video tutorial in YouTube search under photoshop tutorials in You tube....