PDA

View Full Version : Dell 2408WFP 24"

wideangle
07-03-2009, 10:33pm
I have been looking at some higher quality flat planel screens for doing photography work on and have been reading up on the differnet standards of quality from the mainstream TN, to IPS and VA screens,

Anyone who has done reseach on trying to find the make of monitors knows to well. I have been looking at the Dell 2408WFP 24" and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this screen and is it worth the $1000 that it retails for?

MrJorge
10-03-2009, 11:53am
I haven't used it but another forum I am on a bunch of ppl swear by this monitor. It's the one I am aiming to get myself actually.

Regret not getting it last year when it was down about $600. It's now up to a level that I won't be paying any time soon.

I don't know what it's "worth" but I have heard that people rate this monitor quite well, but not sure if that opinion has changed given it's new price.

Jcas
10-03-2009, 6:29pm
I have the Dell 2405FPW 24", and i love it. Mine has the built in usb ports and card readers.

I have had it for a few years now but it is a beautifull monitor.

The first one that arrived from Dell had the box torn a bit, and a scratch on the monitor, but Dell didn't hesitate in replacing it and paid all transport costs, even sent a courier to the door to pick it up..

wideangle
10-03-2009, 8:55pm
Thanks for your comments. Didn't know that the price had risen that much, that's a shame. Have been reading reviews and it sounds like a decent monitor and one that would be good for photographic work. The thing that amuses me is that we purchase $$$$ cameras and lenses and then its almost a forgotten in regards to the screen....