PDA

View Full Version : On the cheap

HappySnapper
03-03-2009, 5:25pm
Couldn't see an appropriate thread for this, Mods please move if required.......

I just wanted to share that I was having trouble with my boom light-stand, I needed a counterbalance weight ........

I didn't want to use sand-bags (my lounge is my studio) so I settled on using my sons weights (as in bar-bell weights).

Now it wasn't too hard to jury-rig these to be able to hang them on the boom.

Then walking through Bunnings a couple of days ago, I just happened to notice that they had "hanging-basket" chains for 68 cents !! Yep, 68 cents !!!

It was a light-bulb going off in your head moment !!!!

It's one chain (that hooks onto your pergola) that then splits into three chains to clip onto your hanging basket.

So the long (pergola) chain I hooked onto the boom, and then I had three chains (with a dog-collar-type-clip on each) dangling down.

Then it was a simple matter to thread a weight on each chain (as required) and clip the individual chains back to the central connector !!!

Did I mention the whole thing cost me well under one dollar :th3: !!!

Hope this helps someone,

HappySnapper.

ving
03-03-2009, 5:30pm
haha!! on the cheap alright!
well done :)

Wantone
07-03-2009, 4:58pm
lol good work.

I hate walking into bunnings, i always end up buying something i could use one day but don't necessarily need it. Ikea is worse!

arthurking83
07-03-2009, 6:57pm
LOL! if you knew my 'ol man .. he'd comment that you got ripped off! :p
He's even cheaper than that! :D

lol good work.

I hate walking into bunnings, i always end up buying something i could use one day but don't necessarily need it. Ikea is worse!

OK... at least I'm not the only one, I was beginning to think I had some incurable medical condition!

yummymummy
07-03-2009, 7:02pm
It was a standing joke in our family that if we couldn't find mum anywhere we'd just go looking at bunnings.. lol, every time she went there, she'd walk out with something different, we were starting to call it her 2nd home!