PDA

View Full Version : Help needed! Volunteers needed

Kym
28-02-2009, 12:46pm
We need a good write up on the basics of using a flash in photography for the New To Photography forum. So this is a call for volunteers. :th3:

I think the following outline needs a write up: (but am open to suggestions from the experts)

a) Overview of flash photography
b) Bouncing and diffusing light - what it is and how to do it
c) Rear sync (trailing curtain sync) - what it is and how to do it
d) Dragging the shutter (slow speed sync) - what it is and how to do it
e) Gels and other techniques
f) Where to from here - setting up you own strobist studio (pointer back to this forum)

Please post text and images into this thread.

I will play editor and collate it (with credit) into the flash part of NTP or as a sticky in this forum (which NTP can reference). Open to discussion on this.
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Thanks in advance!

dalewilde
28-02-2009, 1:49pm
ill be looking forward to this! im no help in this thread tho haha as the last flash-strobist thread of mine shows.

trigger
28-02-2009, 2:27pm
Oh man... I will wait for this impatiently!
I finally got my flash and have no idea. I would love some to guide on flash/strobing

Roof
14-03-2009, 4:51pm
is this still on ??

bigdazzler
14-03-2009, 5:18pm
I reckon Ty (TOM) or Leigh (TEITZY) might be your men if either has time .. They both really helped me out with some off camera flash info in another thread just recently. Both seem to have a really goog understanding and im sure would be able to put together a simple tutorial or learning appendix.

NikonNellie
14-03-2009, 7:11pm
You Moderators must have read my mind - I had only this week thought that I would post a query on Flash Photography as I am about to purchase an SB600 very soon.

jev
14-03-2009, 8:47pm
Can't you just (re-) use the flash equipment tut for this? If not, I might be able to free some time...