PDA

View Full Version : No permissions on AP

habro
18-02-2009, 11:38pm
Hi folks, sorry I couldn't find a thread on this problem. Just a couple of areas I have tried to go [Gallery & POTW] within AP but it comes up with the page "you do not have permission, this could be for one of several reasons..." - is there anything I need to do or anyone I need to contact to rectify?

Thanks!

Dizzy Photographics
19-02-2009, 1:18am
You need to be an active member to access some of the different areas with in the site. As you reach certain post counts your access increases.

Someone may correct me if i am incorrect though :)

bigbikes
19-02-2009, 4:17am
Deb you are correct in what your saying. Section 9 in the rules states ....The Site Gallery is not available to members with less than 30 days members and less than 50 posts (both criteria must be met to gain access).

ricktas
19-02-2009, 7:03am
Hi folks, sorry I couldn't find a thread on this problem. Just a couple of areas I have tried to go [Gallery & POTW] within AP but it comes up with the page "you do not have permission, this could be for one of several reasons..." - is there anything I need to do or anyone I need to contact to rectify?

Thanks!

yep, until you are an active member you cannot access some areas. When your post count reaches 1 you gain access to the member photos and competitions, and you have to reach 50 posts to access some other areas (gallery and classifieds).

Be aware that ongoing activity is required, if you do not post for a set time, you will be moved to inactive members (even if you have been logging on), and your access will again be restricted. These are automated processes, and once you do post, it can take an hour or so for your access upgrade.

habro
19-02-2009, 8:30am
Much appreciated

umajo
20-02-2009, 9:27pm
okay helps answer my question too

Kym
20-02-2009, 9:30pm
Please be aware some forums do not count towards your post count. Eg. Introductions and Off-Topic.

Edit: Due to the need for batch job to run your rights may not be granted for up to one hour after your post count goes over a threshold.