PDA

View Full Version : Calling photoshop gurus.

Lani
16-02-2009, 5:32pm
I did a shoot the other day of this charming, very active young dog :) , and consequently one of my favourite shots managed to nip off his front paw.... which is right at the edge of the shot.
I was thinking it may be possible to extend the canvas a bit, then clone some of his other paw to replace it?
I am not sure how to go about it though, anyone know how to or know of a tutorial which would show me ?

Thanks in advance if you can help. :)

Kym
16-02-2009, 6:07pm
Have you got shots with the paw in?
I would extend the canvas and then layer merge the paws from another shot then do some really fine brush work / clone stamp to merge it in.

ricktas
16-02-2009, 6:32pm
Yep, increase canvas size, make a selection of the other foot, flip it (so he doesnt have two right feet), then place the selection carefully over the missing bit, and do some blending to ensure the join works well.

dbax
16-02-2009, 7:40pm
Agree with the above Lani, detail missing on both paws in this pic, one due to the crop/comp the other due to the material the pup is resting on. Any pics with whole paws in similar positions, lighting?

Lani
16-02-2009, 9:35pm
Thanks gurus. :D

Have had a bit of a play, but might wait until tomorrow, it's going to take a bit of patience. The other images with his bits, I mean paws, included, are from different perspectives and positions. :rolleyes:

Here's a first attempt.... am I on the right track, if you don't pixel peep? I know it needs to be more accurate, it's a mix of selection and cloning.

ShaneB
16-02-2009, 9:35pm
Yep, increase canvas size, make a selection of the other foot, flip it (so he doesnt have two right feet), then place the selection carefully over the missing bit, and do some blending to ensure the join works well.

At the risk of a "me too": this will work.

I recently added an eye to a damaged photo this way. It wasn't that hard and worked well.

Regards

Lani
16-02-2009, 9:40pm
At the risk of a "me too": this will work.

I recently added an eye to a damaged photo this way. It wasn't that hard and worked well.

Regards

The only problem is that the foot in shot is a bit further back so the size is different, how do I get it to fit without distorting it?

ShaneB
16-02-2009, 9:54pm
Gidday

The only problem is that the foot in shot is a bit further back so the size is different, how do I get it to fit without distorting it?

Select the complete paw

Make a new layer by copy

Flip it horizontally

Move it into place

Resize, etc after hitting CTRL-T

Easy! :)

Regards

Lani
17-02-2009, 12:08pm
Thanks Shane, will give it a go. Appreciate your reply. :)