PDA

View Full Version : Browsing problems

Jcas
08-02-2009, 8:30am
Lately i am on the net during the day, no problems at all. but the night time browsing is near impossible.

Not just on this board but everywhere, everything seems to come to a near standstill with things not loading or taking ages to load.

Just a bit puzzled as to why it is only night time this happens, i am with the bigpond people, wondering if anybody else is experiencing this.

I know it isnt my setup as it is fine during the day and next morning.

Kym
08-02-2009, 8:32am
Please tell us your setup...

Modem, ISP, Plan, Sync speeds etc. Until we know that it is impossible to diagnose.

Are you using wireless? Is it secure? It maybe someone stealing bandwidth if not.

ricktas
08-02-2009, 8:58am
Julie, you also live in a rural area. I would also hazard a guess that other locals probably get on of an evening as well. Depending on the services infrastructure down Kellevie way, maybe the volume of people in your area on the net at any one time, affects it.

Jcas
08-02-2009, 9:40am
I am on bigpond ADSL liberty 1500/256kps, with Netgear modem. I am sure it isnt my setup as it would be affected other times not just evenings,

Most down here are on the broadband so i am more inclined to think it is as Rick says with all of us using it at the same time, service here was very iffy in the beginning and is improving slowly.

I just thought i would ask before i phoned the ISP to see if others were experiencing slower night time browsing with bigpond, but seems it is just my area, thanks guys.