PDA

View Full Version : Wireless with SB600 and D-Lites?

Lani
17-01-2009, 11:56am
I have spent a couple of hours trawling through "stuff" trying to find out for sure what wireless trigger system I need for my Elinchrom D-Lite 4's and my SB600, in a studio setup, hoping to use the speedlight as a back light or such. I was hoping to get the cactus triggers as they seem the most affordable option but am not sure which ones will work with both types of flash, and also if I need any extra cords/adaptors.
The skyport triggers look good but bit exxy atm.

Would appreciate any info. :)

Lani
18-01-2009, 9:25pm
Maybe it's not possible to mix the two lighting types?

ricktas
18-01-2009, 9:32pm
Im not sure with the D-lites Lani. My studio lights have a detector on the blok, so they will trigger when they 'see' the light from another light source. I have Elinchrom as well, but not the D-lites.

On the back of the D-lite is there a small white round bulbous bit?

Lani
18-01-2009, 9:47pm
No I don't think they do, so what I was thinking was getting a wireless setup and fitting a receiver on the main light, which triggers the other one, and another receiver on the SB600... from what i have read it would work with SB 800/900 as they can be setup in manual mode, but I can't find out for sure if it will work with the 600....
or if the same type of wireless trigger will work. :confused013

ehor
27-01-2009, 2:29pm
Hey Lani,
I believe the D-lite 4's use a 3.5mm sync port.
The Sb600 can be triggered using a hot shoe adaptor with a PC sync terminal OR an optical trigger.

Search ebay for "studio wireless trigger".
You'll need an PC -> 3.5mm socket (or PC->PC depending on the trigger set you get) for the SB600's hot shoe (unless you go optical).

Hope that helps.

TOM
27-01-2009, 9:00pm
Just get the Pocket Wizards and you won't have to worry about trigger again. They are expensive but are the industry standard. You do not need to worry about the Maxx.