PDA

View Full Version : Smugmug Custimization

genuinesqueak
14-01-2009, 4:34pm
Hi eveyone,
I've just purchased a pro smugmug account, and would like to customize it to look like a propper website like some of you have. But I have no idea!

I've purchased a domain name, through unlimited-space, and I did the url forwarding, although i've since learnt that in order to have the domain name all the time i need to do something with a CNAME etc. which i've contacted unlimited space and they said i need to get a dns, so i think i've done that through zoneedit.com and now I'm lost. I'll give unlimited-space another call today to hopefully sort that out.

Anyway is there anyone who could possibly help me get my site looking half decent? Either with tips and advice etc or whatever? I'm completely useless with this kind of thing.

I've also contacted some people who do smugmug customization themselves, but they charge over $600US and honestly, i have no where near that amount of money!

Thanks for any help you might have
Sarah

BigEyedBeans
14-01-2009, 4:41pm
Hey Sarah
I'm at work at the moment so can't give you a full run-down on how I did mine but a LOT of it came from via their forum/s. There are some very clever people on there who answer many questions, and from memory there are a lot of 'Stickys' that provide some great info!

Cheers
Kel

Lani
14-01-2009, 4:47pm
I did the the same and used their customization forum... some I did myself, but for the trickier stuff I started thread with questions related to my website, and the support people answered my questions as they came up, provided the code etc to do what I needed. So you still have to learn a bit about the way its set up, but is a lot quicker and doesn't cost anything apart from a few brain cells and some time. :D

Go to http://www.dgrin.com/, scroll down to smugsupport forum... have a look from there. :)

wideangle
21-01-2009, 3:09pm
Yes would agree with above posts about using the dgrin forums as they are very helpful in regards to getting your site looking its best.