PDA

View Full Version : First post on my new imac :D

bigdazzler
13-01-2009, 12:14pm
just wanted to share :)

ricktas
13-01-2009, 1:22pm
welcome back.. good to know you plugged it and went straight to AP!!

bigdazzler
13-01-2009, 1:25pm
now i just gotta work out how to use this thing .. i got the keyboard plugged in so thats a start ;)

Calxoddity
13-01-2009, 2:24pm
so far so good.... isn't the screen nice!

bigdazzler
13-01-2009, 2:55pm
hey Calx ... yea up and running now. Had a minor hiccup with the mac picking up the external drive but with a reboot , hold down COMMAND , CONTROL , P , R ( as advised by Appe tech support :D ) mac recognised the drive and we were good.

Imported all photos into iphoto no problem but itunes only imported some of my music. Im thinking maybe the missing files were WMAs ??

The screen is WOW .. im coming from a little Acer 17" so yea worlds apart .. the resolution and colour are amazing , my good photos look so much better but my bad ones look so so much worse !!! lol

ving
13-01-2009, 3:02pm
on a mac? gee i thought it looked funny :p

bigdazzler
13-01-2009, 3:15pm
dont be a hater ving .. all the cool kids are switching you know ;)

ving
13-01-2009, 3:28pm
more of a hatter than a hater, big d. (of the mad kind of course ;))

i dont hate macs, i think they are very pretty :D

davwhite
13-01-2009, 5:32pm
more of a hatter than a hater, big d. (of the mad kind of course ;))

i dont hate macs, i think they are very pretty :D

And double pretty good when you don't get error message 404 for example.
Friends ring me up and ask if I can suggest a fix for a particular problem with their PC.....I tell them to go and buy a Mac :D

mcdesign
13-01-2009, 5:36pm
hey Calx ... yea up and running now. Had a minor hiccup with the mac picking up the external drive but with a reboot , hold down COMMAND , CONTROL , P , R ( as advised by Appe tech support :D ) mac recognised the drive and we were good.

Imported all photos into iphoto no problem but itunes only imported some of my music. Im thinking maybe the missing files were WMAs ??

The screen is WOW .. im coming from a little Acer 17" so yea worlds apart .. the resolution and colour are amazing , my good photos look so much better but my bad ones look so so much worse !!! lol

Watch out for those music files, they take up a huge amount of space, I have mine on an external, also the way iPhoto files your images is hard to find, I feel the best way is to keep all data files on eternal drives leaving the main HD to run everything.

MarkW
13-01-2009, 5:57pm
Now you start to learn the dark side.

Go to a Mac forum and start looking at "switching" and what software app others use to display various files. Some of the Microsoft stuff like Media player is available as a Mac version but there are better apps out there than what MS can produce. Just note there are a stack of files that you Mac in standard livery won't look at

Here a quick link but suggest you look at more than just this forum page http://forums.mactalk.com.au/13/30462-ive-just-switched-mac-whats-best-program-do.html