PDA

View Full Version : Autostitch ???

Seven
12-01-2009, 5:43pm
Just found the program autostitch and seems to be pretty damm good. I have the demo version and was wondering does anyone know how long it lasts or is there any other program as simple.

Also does anyone know how you can change the settings to work on photos taken on the side. I'm thinking of using some of them for photos in realesate as I dont have a wide angle as yet and this would give a new dimension to bathrooms which are generally the hardest to do.

Seven
12-01-2009, 6:00pm
just worked out the side angle shots

ricktas
12-01-2009, 6:58pm
Not familiar with this one. I used to use Arcsoft's Panomaker, before Adobe upgraded to CS3, and the photomerge in CS3 was overhauled from CS2, making it a lot better. Since then I have used CS3.

BLWNHR
12-01-2009, 7:19pm
I love Autostitch, is a great little prorgam. I use it over CS3 as I prefer the results most of the time.

I've also been given a beta of a stitching program by a large software company.

Options include selecting how the camera was rotated so as to best reduce distortion, inbuilt cropping (just like PS's crop tool) and then detailed info on the final image and good export options. Don't know what the release date is, but will be sure to post it here.

roburg
12-01-2009, 8:20pm
In agree with Adam - Autostitch is a fantastic free program that can sometimes do panos that CS3 won't handle. You just need to adjust the output size to your specs and everything else just seems to work.

Derek-C
13-01-2009, 12:28pm
I use a program called Photostich that came with our first p&s Cannon Camera .

That was over eight years ago .

Works well for me and can stich manually or will do it for you.

Derek

Allann
13-01-2009, 12:38pm
I'm a PC person (don't own a mac), I use a program called Window Live Photo Gallery :eek:! I can hear the shocked looks from here... hehe... anyway I have found it more reliable than photoshop CS4 :eek::eek::eek:! The best thing, it's FREE. Admittedly you will have to have a Windows Live account which is also "free" as far as money goes. All I do is select the files that need to be stitched (i've done up to 48 shots for a 360 view successfully), and then select "Make Pano" menu item.

ving
13-01-2009, 3:40pm
autostitch rocks.:)

Seven
13-01-2009, 4:40pm
Looks like im on a winner with the free autostitch and for anyone reading type autostitch in google and it comes up for a free demo program. From what I can see there is no limits to the demo side and yeah Im amazed at what comes out with out really doing anything.

Rick you should download and try, give some feedback in difference from cs3 as I don't have that.

I did a 6 shot photo of a room to see how it comes out and was pretty happy with the results, but didnt like a round table however

Seven
13-01-2009, 8:16pm
I'm a PC person (don't own a mac), I use a program called Window Live Photo Gallery :eek:! I can hear the shocked looks from here... hehe... anyway I have found it more reliable than photoshop CS4 :eek::eek::eek:! The best thing, it's FREE. Admittedly you will have to have a Windows Live account which is also "free" as far as money goes. All I do is select the files that need to be stitched (i've done up to 48 shots for a 360 view successfully), and then select "Make Pano" menu item.

Hi Allan,

Just tried Windows Live and down loaded the stitching program with it. I must say not bad for what I looking to do. Its a little slower than Autostitch, but has some nice simple ways of doing things. Also windows live photo thing isn't that bad for the photos I need for real estate, so thanks heaps for your comment.

Allann
14-01-2009, 11:04am
Glad I could help, I just tried AutoPano Pro and lets just say I won't need to use anything else. It's so easy to straighten horizons and on 180+ degree sky panoramas, one thing neither CS4 or Windows Live photo gallery can do well.

I'd like to apologies up front as I will soon be posting some panos I was unable to stitch (until now). I didn't even get to trying AutoStitch as AutoPano did everything.