PDA

View Full Version : HELP: folder disappeared.

IanB
11-01-2009, 9:26am
HELP: folder disappeared.

It was there yesterday on the PC’s back-up disc; today it is gone. It was the folder of test photos done with the 24-70 Nikon lens. I have run searchers for the folder and the file numbers and the only images that turn up are two images in my forum folder on an external disc

Any ideas to how or why would be appreciated. If it was on the new external disc I could [sort-of] understand it, but being a sub folder to another folder on my internal back up disc is a worry. And no; it was not backed up; I was going to that today

This is one of three 72 dpi images left; to good to loose!!

ricktas
11-01-2009, 9:35am
look in your rubbish bin? maybe you accidentally flagged it for deletion. Right click the rubbish bin and click 'explore'.

IanB
11-01-2009, 9:39am
look in your rubbish bin? maybe you accidentally flagged it for deletion. Right click the rubbish bin and click 'explore'.

Been there done that thanks Rick; but will do it again.

Seesee
11-01-2009, 10:06am
I am constantly doing this as well, I have made it a habit now to check all pix in the recycle bin before emptying, it is so easy to accidently send pix there from neglecting to un-flag it.

Kym
11-01-2009, 10:27am
This may help... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?p=203033#post203033

IanB
11-01-2009, 10:48am
Thanks Col and Kym; what has me bugged is even if I moved it, or sent it to the rubbish bin, the puter searchers should locate it. Have found lots of stuff but not the test photos. Because the searches found the the two small images in my forum folder tells me that I have done the searches properly.

I loose my glasses a lot too and they always turn up even if is two months later and amongst the gun tree leaves and bark beside the river.!!

Appreciate your time :)