PDA

View Full Version : Ilford XP2

thisispants
10-01-2009, 5:13pm
Hi....just a bit confused....

I went out and bought some Ilford XP2 film... C41 developing. I read somewhere that a lot of people who know about this kinda stuff shoot the film at ISO 200 instead of the ISO 400 which it is actually rated....to get finer grain. It said to compensate the exposure....so i've compensated +1 like it told me. Is this to reduce the amount of light on the film to stop the chance of over exposing?

I also just checked the Ilford film specs and it says you can shoot XP2 at any ISO from 50-800 and it'll be fine without compensating.

My camera's light meter is saying it will be over exposed.... is that just because it's assuming it's ISO400...even though I've re-jigged it to shoot at 200 with exposure compensation of +1 on my camera?

I'm a bit confused. Any help would be grand.

TOM
10-01-2009, 11:38pm
just change the iso setting on your camera to 200 and use no compensation. i am assuming that you have a camera that uses dx coding and automatically programs in the iso for you. you will need to override this. if you use an external light meter, do the same and change it to iso 200.