PDA

View Full Version : advice on post production

rossco
09-01-2009, 12:09pm
I am very new to using photoshop to do anything other than crop a photo, i have been working on a photo to experiment with levels, croping and the such, the first is the origional, 2nd is my first attempt, third is what i hope is a beter effort at bringing out colour and such, any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

ricktas
09-01-2009, 12:42pm
I think you have done well. Subtle editing is the way to go. You have enhanced what was a good original photo. I like the darkening (burning) of the foreground grasses in particular, really makes up focus on the seat. Best way to learn is play around. Be prepared to 'undo' stuff that doesn't work though.

bigdazzler
09-01-2009, 12:59pm
i liked this photo when you first posted it .. now youve improved it again .. good job

i like the crop in #2 and the colour management of #3 ..

someone once told me .. " the best PPed photograph is the one that you can tell has been PPed at all .. "

as Rick said .. subtlety is the way .. :th3:

ricktas
09-01-2009, 1:01pm

someone once told me .. " the best PPed photograph is the one that you can tell has been PPed at all .. "

Think you mean CAN'T?

Allann
09-01-2009, 2:08pm
Great job on the edits. I really like what you've achieved. It's hard work to make a photo NOT look like it's been edited. Well done. But now for the challenge, to get rid of those distracting blue lines! Not sure what they were but they are in front of the tree.

rossco
09-01-2009, 3:50pm
thanks all for your comments, i am getting much more confident with shoping the pics now, when starting its hard to tell when enough is enough, the blue lines were a plane.

bigdazzler
09-01-2009, 4:53pm
Think you mean CAN'T?

yup i sure did .. forgot my T .. oops :o