PDA

View Full Version : Displaying on a Plasma or LCD?

photography2233
05-01-2009, 10:30am
Ive seen Photographers Display work on LCD or Plasma Television Screens before and they look Fantastic, however I tried this the other day, and it looks Terrible! The brightness range is gone highlights blown out, but more importantly the level of distortion is massive, is there a way to fix the brightness issue and how to I Find out what size to make my images so they don't look that stretched or squashed on the Screen. Any help?

ricktas
05-01-2009, 11:05am
The ones I have seen, use a laptop PC plugged into the screen and run them as a presentation, either using PowerPoint or some other slide show software. Friends of mine that do this (in shopping centres) have a screen calibrator that can be used on their large LCD panel, which helps ensure image quality is good.

Dan Cripps
05-01-2009, 11:35am
When I setup my studio (over a year ago) I tested both plasma and LCD panels.

I found that I got the most pleasing results from the plasma, mainly because it had the ability to display blacker blacks. An added bonus was the fact that plasma was a little cheaper than LCD for the equivalent size.

I went with a 50" Panasonic Viera.

Looks great displaying both colour and especially black and white images.

Philr
05-01-2009, 12:16pm
I have a Sony Bravia LCD and it has a usb port on the side of it. I just load my photos onto a usb stick and there is a option in the menu to play a slideshow. It works well with no distortion, brightness problems - they look better on the tv than the computer monitor.

The other option is as Rick has said plug a laptop into it and play as a slideshow from your computer.